http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_G-Class Scroll down, and it lists countries using the Gwagon, including the USMC (IFAV) If they would make a version for reconaissance/escort duty it could be called the I-FAVRE (for USM fans)

Aren't those standard ish to the German army and Austria and others around there? They are built in Austria, right?

--R

On 12/23/2010 10:22 AM, Max Dillon wrote:
When I was someplace hot and sandy, I saw several of the G-wagons in armored
trim. One day I was able to talk to the driver of one, and asked how she got so
lucky to be driving such a beast, but she didn't have a clue.  Like most US
drivers, I think she was more impressed by the hood ornament than anything else.

-Max

________________________________
From: Rich Thomas<richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, December 23, 2010 10:13:37 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 4.5 Value AND Question for Jaime and others w. MBUSA
connections - or - How to get NLA parts demand onto the MB radar

No a G is a G -- a Gelandewagen (sp?) which is the Land Rover-looking thing, I think they were military vehicles to begin with then got offered to the civilian market, mostly used by Mipsie to take little Dakota and Logan to soccer matches,
and to go to mani/pedi appointments and lunch with the girls.

--R