John,

I have your excellent writeup, along with Herr Doktor's comments and my notes concerning OM603. You are right, that any MB with the 33 spline DV uses the same orings and copper seals, and I think the springs are all the same too. Let me know if you want a copy of your write-up.

I spent some time replacing the fuel line o-rings on one of the W210.025's (if you pull the washer fluid bottle and the fuel filter, you can just do it without pulling the intake manifold)

I made a batch of spritz, just for Ethan to be able to use the cookie press and decorate them (it's one of the old Mirro ones with the oversized body tube)... Looks like I might be (re)doing DV seals; they only seem to last 60-70k with the ULSD we run now. I guess I need to find the write-up that I did a few years ago (for the OM606/W210); it was long enough ago that the good Dr was able to comment.

I guess it beats the heck out of buying a rebuilt electronically governed mechanical IP every few years...

Btw the EPC does not show them for OM606 engines, but they are the same as those used on the OM603's; I would assume that any IP that uses both an o-ring and a crush seal in a DV that needs the 33-point "don't mess with this" socket are the same.

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net