I will second his recommendation for Pinnacle, even though my experience with
it is from many versions back.  I used it on occasion when I was forced to edit
on a Window platform way back even before the native "Windows Movie Maker" was
a free add-on from MS.  I know it had to be an XP version, at least (I probably
still have it around here somewhere.)

I am a certified card-carrying Final Cut Pro guy, but when trying to find a
decent solution on a Windows platform a long, long time ago, Pinnacle was the
best (I thought) at the time.

MacDan