Last tires I bought were noname from the junkyard for the van. They seem to be ok. Don't know who made them.

Before that I bought mostly Bridgerock/Firerock including blizzaks and Continental. Take your best online deal (add in the shipping+mounting+stems+balancing) to the local guy and ask if he can meet or beat the price for the same tire. Generally they will. I think the 124 Blizzaks were about 230 or so installed and balanced.

what sort of tires/brands are you buying?