Allan Streib wrote:
Don't the H&R preparers just plug everything into TurboTax?

H&R bought Kiplinger's TaxCut.
Taxcut may be about the same as H&R's office software by now, I don't really know for sure.

There's quite a difference between various H&R franchisees. I thnik some of them still do the fall tax school thing where they try to teach burger flippers to become next winter's tax preparers (I get the idea those preparers can read the questions on the computer screen to the client and fill in the answers).

Others franchisees have a lot less employee turnover, and some of them even want their preparers to become Enrolled Agents to prove their professional qualifications. I'll often see my local franchisee at CPE classes, along with an employee or two, but I don't think any of them are CPAs or EAs, and the majority of the dozen people who work there are never seen at the classes that I take.

Mitch.