Curt Raymond wrote:
Actually....

My 190D has a trailer hitch and I was thinking of using it to haul the
snowmobile trailer.

With the last car I wired, I got three inline fuse holders and a four prong connector. Soldered the wires for the fuse holders into the taillight and stop/turn wires. Then I soldered the connector to the fuse holders and to a ground wire. My car wiring was too short to make it out of the hatch, but that was OK, when I rewired the trailer I left about 4' of wire running past the hitch, and I'd open the hatch and make my trailer connection out of the weather.

I had one major advantage over you, the car had integrated stop/tail lights, just like the trailer. I suppose you'd need diodes to isolate the turn signals from the stop lights so they didn't backfeed the car lights.

I'm pretty sure the W201 is rated for 500kg or 750kg without trailer brakes.
MBUSA, of course, rates all cars at 0kg for towing.
Mitch.