BootCamp for XP, Parallels for pretty much anything else.

And yes, VM ware is free or cheap, but you better have your RAM maxed out or it
won't work for crap.

MacDann

Sent from my iPod

On Jan 6, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
wrote:

I don't think there is a mac list on Okiebenz so I will annoy y'all with this.

Task is to put some flavor of Windows on an iMac 3.2GHz Intel Core 13 4GB 1333
Mhz DDR3 Mac OSX 10.6.5

I have lots of stuff on my old XP box  so I would like to import/install some
of these apps on the Macwindows as they are only windows (and some XP) apps.

Questions:

What flavor of windows thingie should I get?  Looks like there is Boot Camp for
XP and some other stuff, but that is either/or.  VMWare or Parallels will run a
window with windows (!!), so that seems like a better choice.

What flavor of Windows?  I want to keep my XP box running, so I will need to
get a new WinXP (and which version?, and how do I know they aren't some chinee
ripoffs?) or Win7 -- it appears that Win7 has some sort of XP emulator so old
XP apps can run on it?

Help me decide!

--R