You summed that up well, in outback Queensland there are a lot of backwoods redneck crackas!

Rich Thomas wrote:
I saw this clip on the news last night, a guy, his wife, and their child in a shelter. I was sorta amazed in that they looked like a typical merkin goober couple these days, she quite hefty, he somewhat skinny like a heavy smoker or meth head (or both). The woman did all the speaking, the guy just sat there making this grunting sort of acknowledgment sound every couple of seconds. Had it not been for the Aussie accent I would have sworn they were backwoods redneck crackas. I felt bad for them though, as everything they had was gone, they barely escaped with what clothes they had on.

--R