I've always had a love/hate relationship with Apple -- their products are very nice, usually work well (not always, as you know), but I just cannot stand the notion that I'm supposed to be a sheep and worship His Mightiness Jobs, who in fact is obsessed with appearances and not so very good with the guts. Downright poor, in fact.

I also very much resent the notion that I'm supposed to sign my life over to him to decide what I want and how I want to do things.

Tablet computers are just silly, and will always be a niche market -- too hard to do real work on, too small to watch video on if you are over 40, and the lack of a real operating system is just stupid.

Peter