Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 18:24:32 -0500
From: Mike Esh <michael...@me.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Another day another wheel bearing

How hard is it replace race?
Mike

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 29, 2011, at 3:23 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Does "whup whup whup" in time with the car's speed sound like a wheel
bearing? I thought it might and as my wife and I both pointed to the
right front of the car as the source of the sound I figured I'd give it a
 shot. This is on my '78 240D.

> The bearings looked
merely okay and as they had both MB green grease and some brown (does MB
 green grease degrade into brown?) and as I'd already bought the
bearings (Car Quest, $39 for the bearings AND the seal and they had them
 in stock last night) I figured I might as well get to it.

 I'm getting better at this, the bearing plus an oil change took just on
 2 hours. Gotta take the dog for a walk, then I'll be able to see if the
 noise is gone, won't know definitively for a day or two though, the
noise would come and go.