Dieselvolk,

I've been driving my '95 E300 quite a bit now that I've got most of the big
issues sorted out, but it really seems to take a long time to warm up (compared
to my '87 300TD for instance).  I'd like to know if anyone else with an E300
(or
a normally aspirated OM606) also had noticed that these non-turbo engines need
more time, for instance about ten minutes of driving, to get up to 80+ degrees
C.  When I had my '84 190D, I noticed that it also took longer than my '87, and
longer than my '85 300TD which had an OM617 non-turbo engine, so maybe with
each
generation of OM60x engines in non-turbo form, they need more and more time to
warm up?

Background: T-stat is new within last 12 months, tested stove-top for opening
and closing prior to installation, has proper MB-spec coolant with the t-stat
installation.

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon