My neighbor had a C wagon, new maybe 3-4 yr ago, that was in the shop constantly for electrical/electronics problems, some guy did her a favor by hitting it hard (I don't think she even paid him for his trouble), she got a new one maybe 2 yr ago and it has been reasonably OK as far as I know. In general the newer Benzes have had these kinds of troubles, but YMMV I guess.

--R

Nick Gough wrote:

I've seen the posts regarding the E-class W210 cars rusting out in weird
locations.
Does anyone have any knowledge of how solid the new C-class models are? I like the styling and handling and interior comfort and may be interested in getting a new C230 Sport within the next 2 years... mit 6-speed and all-season tires. I'd really like to get a new(er) C22CDI wagon with the 6-speed, but it is very difficult to get one into the US, unless one is willing to fork over $15k for shipping and conversion and have no warranty. I drove a 2002 C320 wagon awhile back and was duely impressed with almost everything about it. I just don't know of its history as a model line. Shops don't really see them as most are still under warranty and dealers prolly won't be honest enough to give the straight scoop on issues. I am not so sure I trust a few people's nasty notes on their woes (some being self-induced as they appear to be very, very anal). Comments? Thx. Nick Gough
 86300SDL 171k
 93 300E 2.8 121k
 97 Jetta 70k