Curt Raymond wrote:
As a video producer I'm very sensitive to copyright issues... I dunno if Muir
is still alive but his widow was last I knew (which was admittedly around 15
years ago) and she was still getting some residuals from the book as are some
of his co-writers.

They usually have a copy in any good bookstore.

Amazon has a pretty good price on some of the earlier (spiral bound) editions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1562610708/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0912528001/

$16.50 with free super saver shipping doesn't seem bad for the last/current paperback edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Keep-Volkswagen-Alive-Step---Step/dp/1566913101/