I'm actually well pleased with my '84 190D auto, its quite drivable as the
engine is always spun up. It REALLY needs an overdrive on the highway though,
its over 3,000 rpm at 60mph.

-Curt

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:22:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Max Dillon <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Thoughts on 190E 5-speed?

I had an '84 190D 2.2, five speed, and it was an absolute blast. I do regret
selling that car.  I'd pick up a nice 190 five speed, gasser or diesel, if the
price was right and I could convince SWMBO.

My biggest beef against the 201's is that the interiors are very cheap.
Another
odd aspect was that the AC would get heat soaked in the summer following engine
shut-down, so when you restarted the car, the AC would blow really hot for a
minute or two and then cool off.

 Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon