Jaime also wrote:
>  Really, its all about what the market wants.

Which is it?
Is it - What the market wants?
Or, is it -  What the marketing people want?

My impression is that the greedy dollar grab in today's rabid
multi-national manufacturing dynasties is what wins in the end.  There
is no such thing as a logical market survey and satisfaction of market
desires.  It all gets down to bottom line investor satisfaction, not
user-in-the-marketplace satisfaction.

We don't need no stinking electro gizmos in the end.  We need safety
and delivery to our desired trip endpoints.  Electrogizmos for
whatever purpose can be bought in the aftermarket if we desire to
remove our attention away from the primary task of getting from point
A to point B and back again.  I have manual windows, a clutch, manual
hole in the roof (which I don't need), and non-working r12 system and
the 240D gets me from here to there very well thank you.  I have not
ever needed airbags, anti-X gizmo, ever in my non hurried driving
life.  I don't intend to survive if I want to tangle against a 60-inch
diameter oak tree, and I don't intend to survive if I don't notice the
kenworth.
mao