I am thinking they may also have been the supplier of gas heaters for them as well. Anyone recall that?

Dan

Sent from my iPod

On Mar 27, 2011, at 2:42 PM, "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

 That's interesting that VW had such a sunroof.  I'll bet it was a Webasto
 product, and so theoretically could also be provided to MB.  I wonder if one
 could retrofit that sunroof to an MB?

 -Max

 -----Original Message-----
 From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
 On Behalf Of Dieselhead
 Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 11:05 PM
 To: Mercedes Discussion List
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] One for Jaime to carry upstairs

 According to Mombusa, Max, you don't exist.  Isn't that comforting!

 VW had manual sunroofs.  push the button and crank one way for the
 tip up vent.  Crank the other way to open the sunroof.

 I used to own an '85 300TD which was a grey-market import.  NA engine,
 manual heat control, no AC, five speed transmission.  It had a manual
 sunroof, which was a real pleasure once I'd properly cleaned and lubed it.
 I would really like to have manual sunroofs in my 124 cars if they could
 also incorporate the rear pop-up feature.

 -Max