An update to my long story:  I have a vibration at certain speeds in my '87
300SDL.  The vehicle is in super condition, with about 130K miles.  This is
what I have done thus far:
replace transmission output shaft bearing and seal.
replace drive shaft center carrier bearing.
replace both front and rear drive shaft flex discs.
replace differential mount.
remove and switch rear axles from left to right.
Had motor mounts and trans. mounts checked, but not replaced.  Apparently
they are all still good.
Had the drive shaft removed, checked out and balanced at a specialty shop in
Atlanta, Ga.  It was out of balance slightly, and they added a weight to
correct this.
The vibration still is noticeable when under acceleration at about 25-30
MPH, then smooths out.  At about 45-50 it returns until about 58 MPH, then
again smooths out and is not noticeable.  At about 70-75mph, I can feel it
again returning slightly.  After having all the above done, the vibration is
somewhat reduced and I assume the new rubbers are dampening the issue.
The strange thing is the weather seems to have an effect.  When the temp. is
around 55F., I can feel this issue, but if it is above say 70 degrees F, it
is practically unnoticeable, except for the higher speed vibration.
Except for replacing all the mounts, I am at a standstill!  Any ideas?
Thanks, Ralph - '87 300SDL
                        '84 300CD