Sounds like he's learning on your car. The guy who did the glass on my 124 was very quick, but then again my car doesn't have a gasket, just a very large bead
of urethane.

We chatted some, he wasn't young and had dealt with plenty of
gasket cars, unlike some in the biz.  But he didn't particularly
like them.

The good news is that you don't have any rust to deal with.

That did please me.  Most of the car's life was in salt-free
areas.  They salt here, and there's a few spots on the bottom
that I _must_ deal with soon before they get going.

Trim is supposed to go in the gasket *before* it's installed.

That's what I found on the Chevy, but I wasn't about to tell
him his business!

-- Jim