If the other party have no insurance and you don't have uninsured/underinsured
coverage I'm not sure your insurance company will help you much as they are not
on the hook for anything.  They only subrogate claims they have to pay to their
insured.  Is OK a "no fault" state?

If you have to sue the other party it's unlikely you'll get any money.  If they
had money they would have insurance.  That they don't have insurance tells you
they think they have nothing to lose.

If they happened to be leasing the car you could in theory sue the lessor as
the owner of the vehicle.  I'm not sure how that works in practice however.  If
they were leasing the car they should have been required by the terms of the
lease to have insurance.  The lessor probably has their own backup coverage
though.

If you have to hire a lawyer, forget it.  You'll end up owing him more than
your losses.

Allan