On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> If the other party have no insurance and you don't have
> uninsured/underinsured coverage I'm not sure your insurance company will help
> you much as they are not on the hook for anything.  They only subrogate
> claims they have to pay to their insured.  Is OK a "no fault" state?

Agreed, I had missed where Kaleb said he didn't have uninsured
motorist.  I assume he has already asked his insco agent, since they
may have some quirky OK laws that might help him.

I also tend to agree with:

> If you have to hire a lawyer, forget it.  You'll end up owing him more than
> your losses.

You should be able to include legal expenses as damages.  I would say,
forget it if you have to "pay" a lawyer, some work on contingency but
maybe not for an uninsured case - at least that was our experience
with rear-ending #1.

Finally, take Regina out to a nice dinner.  First couple nights after
an accident my wife gets really antsy.

-Tim