I'm dreaming of replacing my farm truck.

Of course, I want a diesel.  I'd prefer a Cummins, but I'm not
fond of the Dodge body or transmission.

So I'm looking further - but I don't know much about the Fords.
A '92 will be a non-turbo, right?  I have heard the 7.3 turbo is
a pretty good engine.  What about the normally aspirated?
What's to watch out for?

I'm after a sturdy work truck, not a high speed machine.  I will
expect it to pull 7000 lbs of trailer - but I don't need it to
outrun my tired 240 when loaded. :)

So what's the word on these old engines?  Trouble - or a good deal?

--     Philip