well, possible. When I first bought the SD,  I had the compression checked -
all was fine but for one...but it turned out that the valve was sticking pretty
good, so that PROBABLY solved that - never tested compression again.

 Oddly, with the oidle having been adjusted up for a day now, the rhythmic
revving is much less. I do believe that it is the interplay between new timing
chain, idle adjust and new rack damper bolt. Adjusting the rack damper bolt out
a hair would probably make it perfect, but since the revving is so little now
and seemingly disappearing...I'm just going to let it go. And once the engine
is hot (good and hot) there is no revving at all - so, think i'll leave well
enough alone for now.

 Chris

"Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: yes

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 209K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sat Nov 19 05:18:31 2005