Yeah, I have had no formal training for A+, but I figured I could probably pass
it.

I recently started a Security+ class with the expectation that it would add
some value to my resume.  It was an extension of a curriculum that was after
the A+ training - the first two nights of my Security+ class were spent doing
test review for A+, since the guys in my class had just finished the A+ content
and were getting ready to test.

When I saw how easy the content was on the practice tests, I figured I could
easily pass it.

Today's test was the 701 section on general knowledge - I got an 810 out of
900.  Thursday's is practical stuff, but that shouldn't be too bad compared to
today's test.

Sad thing is, only 1 of 3 of my classmates have passed the A+ test so far.  I'm
going to put a real damper on things when I go back next week (we're on spring
break this week) and they find out how I did....

I really want to take the Server+ class, but I'm having a difficult time
finding it offered around here.  The school district does Adult Ed. classes
(which is where I'm taking my Security+ class) but if there is no demand, they
don't do it.  Network+ would be nice, too.

Dan