I used a kit from Mercedes-Source which included a tool. The tool was the box
end of a 10 mm wrench welded on to a shaft and bent to fit so you can pound on
the fan hub to remove. Attached are a couple pictures.

The working end is about two inches after the bend, the other about one inch.

Max

Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have the fan out. The instructions from the nameless forum are pretty good,
but don't tell you where the two hidden bolts are for the wiper unit. I have
been trying to punch the shaft of the old motor out of the plastic fans using a
long punch and a 20 oz framing hammer. When that did not budge, I tried the 2
lb LFH, still with no movement. The same technique worked well with the 126
fan., but it didn't have 1/2 inch of shaft hanging out beyond the fan hub. I
have polished the shaft ends sticking out. But so far I have not loosened
either fan hub from the shaft. How have others been able to get these fans off?
Have you found a puller that worked? Have you made a puller? If so, how? These
fans are so flimsy, that I am afraid to bear down too hard with the 2 pounder.
I am giving them substantial whacks. What is the successful method? I am
contemplating using a dremel to cut off the 1/2 inch or so beyoond the hubs,
but I think once I get it broken loose, the hub will move along the shaft ok.
Tell me your tricks, please! P.S. Having the evap so close, it would be nice if
it could be changed from here, but no way. It is just
http://www.okiebenz.com For new and used parts go to www.okiebenz.com To search
delivery options go to: