It quit working at all. Brushes were el wornouto. Shot. Nothing left but the springs. Armature looks very worn. I opted for a new motor via Mr. Q, who comes up with a gizmo for all needs.

The old motor is available for the cost of shipping if anyone wants one to rebuild.

Why are you replacing your fan motor? I have noticed that mine in the 87 run much much slower than the wifes 91. Brushes?

-Rolf