Randy Bennell wrote:

Donald, are you certain of your facts here? I do not believe that there was ever a Camaro with a 4 cylinder engine. An inline 6 perhaps but never a 4 cylinder. There were things like the Monza with the 4 .

I can't speak for Canukistan, but the early 1980s Camaro had the 2.5 Iron Duke and 2.8 V6 drivetrains, similar to those found in the S-10 pickup. 31mpg hwy for the 2.5L 5sp, that's only 10% less than my 1989 2.2L 5sp Plymouth Horizon or my 1980 2.5L 4sp Chevy Citation.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorCompareSideBySidePopUp.jsp?column=1&id=26617