85 mph? Wonder if the helper has seen the new TV show, "Arrested in a Foreign Country," yet? ;<))))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ot motorhomes

On 24/06/2011 12:45 PM, Craig wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:31:46 -0500 "Kaleb C. Striplin"
<ka...@striplin.net>  wrote:

Well with the big motor homes most people pull a car behind for this
purpose
That's true, but 15 versus 7 mpg should heavily bias the decision toward
a trailer, I should think.

Craig

My friend Geoff, that I referred to earlier about buying the motorhome in the south last winter and driving it home To Canada, said that he was impressed with the mileage. I am going by memory here and my recollection might not be exactly correct but essentially it is that on the leg from Chicago to Minneapolis in December or January of this past winter, it did better than 10 mpg (US gallon - not Imperial) at 85 mph while dragging his PT Cruiser behind on a dolly. I don't recall exactly what brand it is but it is a 42 foot diesel pusher with an 8 point something liter Cummins diesel. Essentially a Greyhound bus with furniture.

Geoff was holding the speed down around 60 mph when he drove but a friend who went along to help, drove the Chicago to Minneapolis leg while Geoff slept. He only knows how fast they were going because he checked the GPS after the fact. He was not truly thrilled that his helper had driven that fast in winter, towing a car etc.

Randy