Two actually, both left (wrong) side. I'm going to hold those in reserve in the
event I need a motor or some other bit.

Wish I had also taken the HVAC PBU from that car. Next time...

Max

Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:

Wasn't there one of those in one of the cars at the knackers we took stuff off
of? --R On 6/25/11 1:57 PM, Max Dillon wrote: > Should read " I re-used the
_original_ metal plate and white window slide > (goes in channel at bottom of
window glass). > > -----Original Message----- > From:
mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] > On
Behalf Of Max Dillon > Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 11:27 AM > To: 'Mercedes
Discussion List' > Subject: [MBZ] 124 rear window regulator repair > > I
successfully used part number 210 720 00 42 to repair the right rear > window
regulator yesterday. The new part has the critical sliding portion; > the rest
can be thrown away. I re-used the metal plate and white window > slide (goes in
channel at bottom of window glass). Also used a 6mmx1.0 bolt > (10mm head) and
nut to replace the rivet that had to be cut to get the new > plastic piece off
of its metal plate. $12 from Rusty vs. $140 or so for an > aftermarket
regulator assembly,
I think worth the price. > > It was a bit fiddly to get the cable ends back
into their keeper. I had to > take loose the reel assembly from the motor to
straighten out the cables, > which had gotten out of their tracks and fouled
up. The cable is under > tension when assembled, so I had to loosen the motor
from the frame to > release enough tension to get the cable back around all the
pulleys. > > The trick to getting the regulator in place and attached to the
window was > to hold the window at a position about 3/4 down, move the slider
on the > regulator to same height, and move the regulator assembly around to
get the > white slider to go home. The upper screw could be loosely in place,
but the > locking tab at the top was not in its locked position; that locking
tab and > the bottom locking tab were maneuvered into place after the window
was > attached to the slider. > > -Max > > >