Congrats!  Good to know.

I hope Mr. Q. will put that on a post-it on his monitor with that trick, for when I need it.

I successfully used part number 210 720 00 42 to repair the right rear
window regulator yesterday.  The new part has the critical sliding portion;
the rest can be thrown away.  I re-used the metal plate and white window
slide (goes in channel at bottom of window glass).  Also used a 6mmx1.0 bolt
(10mm head) and nut to replace the rivet that had to be cut to get the new
plastic piece off of its metal plate.  $12 from Rusty vs. $140 or so for an
aftermarket regulator assembly, I think worth the price.

It was a bit fiddly to get the cable ends back into their keeper.  I had to
take loose the reel assembly from the motor to straighten out the cables,
which had gotten out of their tracks and fouled up.  The cable is under
tension when assembled, so I had to loosen the motor from the frame to
release enough tension to get the cable back around all the pulleys.

The trick to getting the regulator in place and attached to the window was
to hold the window at a position about 3/4 down, move the slider on the
regulator to same height, and move the regulator assembly around to get the
white slider to go home.  The upper screw could be loosely in place, but the
locking tab at the top was not in its locked position; that locking tab and
the bottom locking tab were maneuvered into place after the window was
attached to the slider.

-Max