Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Kaleb's new ride

The 5.7 was a gas 350 converted to diesel.  They gave diesels a bad name
.  From what I understand though even those are OK once they are sorted
out properly.  The 6.2 was a diesel from scratch.  Built by Detroit.
Seems people either love them or hate them.  I have NEVER had trouble
with a 6.2.  Others will say they are junk but thats probably because
whoever was working on them didnt know what they were doing.  GM really
didnt support the dealers as far as educating them on diesels.

Sunil Hari wrote:

kleb, i h8 u.

seriously, are the 6.2 diesel engines any good? I remember at some point
that GM converted gas engines to diesel with poor success....