aland...@knology.net wrote:
Looking at the brake fluid resovoir on the 83 300D. It is a Girling. I've suctioned all the fluid out from under the cap but the front section is seperate and still full of fluid. Starting to take off the front calipers to rebuild them when my Rusty parts get here.

The Girlings in old Saabs connect the front and rear cavities with a thin slot, maybe 1-2mm wide. The slot of course does not go to the bottom, so that if there is a leak the other half of the reservoir retains enough fluid to keep functioning.

Mitch.