T'other way around, plugged filters = lower mileage which never makes any sense
to be, how could less fuel make for lower mileage? Its true though, I've seen
it several times.

-Curt

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:49:47 -0700
From: Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] reduced mpg in 91 300D

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

> Is there a correlation to the installation of a new transmission?
>
> 26.5mpg out of a 2.5 sounds pretty bad, like a serious fuel leak or nasty
> plugged filters. And as Andrew mentioned, could it be a part time odometer?

Marshall often said that clogged filters would, paradoxically, cause
higher MPG.  Anyway, Larry said he changed them.  (Though not, I
presume, the one inside the tank.)

Could failing injector return lines dribble enough to make that kind
of difference?

I too suspect Larry's new transmission, though, if the mileage drop
started right after it was put in.  Just too much of a coincidence.
Linkage maladjusted so the shift points are wrong, maybe?

Alex