The only other remaining problem I have is the vacuum pump is dead...it looks like parts of the board are burned. Guess I need a new one.

Most likely, that one looks _bad_.  Looks to me like it got wet,
witness all the corrosion around the outside edges.  That's probably
what actually killed it, tricked it into shorting out its own power
which cooked the diodes and the board in that area.

Looks like only a couple dollars' worth of parts, if you were
electronically handy, to try to resurrect it.  (The irreplaceable
surface mount stuff looked fairly decent.)  Assuming you can
tell what all the components are, how they are oriented, and
where the burned traces all went.  (2-sided board only?  Better
hope so!)

-- Jim