From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of andrew strasfogel
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:49 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Composers

Then again, let'snot forget Schubert!  The great pianist Artur Schnabel (who
was the first to record the 32 Beethoven sonatas in 1932) opined that
Schubert  - not Beethoven or Bach - was the  greatest composer (or maybe the
most perfect).  Schnabel's recordings of the Schubert sonatas are also in a
class by themselves.  I think some of his discography is on Youtube.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

> Is Otto Werner's brother?
>>

> Otto was Werner's father.
>
> -- Jim

ail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com>