I was assuming the "control box" was the evil Chrylser ACC. But you are
right, it could be any number of other problems ranging from fairly
cheap/easy to rather expensive.

In Indiana, summers are pretty uncomfortable without working AC.  One
has to assume that if a car is being sold with non-working AC, the
problem was judged more costly to fix than the car is worth, or is
indicative of overall neglect.

Allan

--
1983 300D