So did I - I had to replace it, bought one somewhere on-line on sale for
around $275 (BenzBin?) - this was before I'd discovered Rusty. It worked
fine for the next six years or so that I drove the car. The trick is
supposed to be to run AC EVERY month, and to religiously replace the collant
with the MB stuff every two years, which is what I did after replacing one
unit.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:30 PM, andrew strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 20 yrs. ago I owned a 78 SL C with the vertical pb unit and older style
> servo; even in those days it was pricey to fix/replace the AC.
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:
>
> > On 09/08/2011 3:55 PM, Allan Streib wrote:
> >
> >> I was assuming the "control box" was the evil Chrylser ACC. But you are
> >> right, it could be any number of other problems ranging from fairly
> >> cheap/easy to rather expensive.
> >>
> >> In Indiana, summers are pretty uncomfortable without working AC.  One
> >> has to assume that if a car is being sold with non-working AC, the
> >> problem was judged more costly to fix than the car is worth, or is
> >> indicative of overall neglect.
> >>
> >> Allan
> >>
> >> astrasfo...@gmail.com writes:
> >>
> >> Nice color for an S LC.  AC issue sounds a bit fishy.

OK Don
2001 ML320
1992 300D 2.5T
1990 300D 2.5T