Figure out what the moment arm is for your weight to generate between 200
and 240 lb. ft., position yourself at that point on a breaker bar, and lean
on it till your feet come off the ground.
Dad used tp torque the prop bolt on the radial engine by having me do a chin
up at three feet out on the bar (back when I was 150 lb.).

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Craig <diese...@pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 17:44:19 -0400 Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Book says to lube the crank bolt and torqe to 270 - 330 NM.  I had been
> > thinking of using blue loc-tite on that bolt since it came loose once
> > before, but guess not?
>
> Blue Loctite, I'm fairly sure, won't work with lubed surfaces. The lube
> allows increased longitudinal force on the bolt (greater clamping force)
> for the same amount of torque.
>

> > My torque wrench only goes to 200 NM.  Should I get one that will go
> > higher or just go to 200 and finish with a breaker bar and guess?
>
> That spec is 199 - 243 ft-lbf. Since you have had problems with it
> before, I would not take the chance and guess. Can you rent a larger
> torque wrench anywhere? Maybe borrow/rent one from a semi-truck repair
> shop?
>

> Craig

OK Don
2001 ML320