andrew strasfogel wrote:
How much do you want for it?

I think I paid $40 for it. Shipping to DC might cost a bit though.

> What's the gear ratio?

3.69. I think a 1985 tranny/torque converter was intended to be paired with 2.88. Likewise your 1985 speedometer/odometer unit. I don't have the speedo from the 240d. That's why I said an indicated 40mpg, your speedo/odo would read quite high.

It's possible your noise could be from the center carrier bearing (middle of the driveshaft) or universal joint. I hope it's not from a shredding flex disk.

Mitch.