On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Ed Booher <edboo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Even with a W110 in the garage and a W123 in the drive, I still find myself
> lusting after the W108. *sigh* There is just something about the W108's
> lines that draws me to it like a moth to a flamethrower.

As far as '60s-early '70s Benzes go I would rather have a Heckflosse.
I'd use a nice one as a daily driver if they didn't have such
ineffective A/C and get such mediocre fuel economy in the gas
versions.

OTOH, the 108 280SE with the six, like the one in the original CL ad,
is pretty much worthless as a collectible, so I wouldn't feel bad
doing an drivetrain swap to something with equal power but a little
less thirsty.  M103?  OM606?  190e 2.3-liter four (whatever the M
number for that is)?

Alex