I think it means time for a new battery.

Can you take the battery to your FLAPS for a load test?

Max

Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Should stink of fuel too while you're trying.

It does.

> Have you tried jumping the car off another while cranking?

Yep, no difference.

> How long is "a long time" cranking? A good battery ought to be able to crank
> for a
> solid minute anyway.

It can go about fifteen seconds steadily before it begins to slow
down. I'm guessing that means good compression (since otherwise the
starter wouldn't be fighting so hard to turn the engine)? Or could it
mean clogged exhaust?

Alex