My Nova story: Summer of 1977, we lived at George AFB, Victorville, CA. 20-year-old daughter had just finished her sophomore year at East Carolina U, Greenville, NC. She called and said she and a friend, another mighty fine-looking, 20-year-old blonde, were driving friend's new car all the way across the country to see us for a few days. Late morning of the expected arrival date, SWMBO called to tell me that the young ladies had arrived. Imagine my surprise and concern for their return trip to NC when I turned the corner onto my street and saw a Nova sitting in front of the house. I never let them know about my worry, and they made it back to their school O K in spite of the 3000-mile distance; well, if they had any problem getting back, I never heard about it, anyway.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Citation

WILTON wrote:
Was Citation the "cheap" little Cadillac? If not, what was that POS called, other than POS, that is?

Oh, and the Citation/Omega/Phoenix/Skylark was the 1980 FWD replacement for the old RWD Nova/Omega/Phoenix/Skylark.

My dad had a 1977 Nova that he sold at about 150,000 miles as a good running, decent looking car. Got about 22mpg. 250 six, three on the tree. Pinged a bit and dieseled like crazy if you put regular unleaded in it. Ran fine on premium unleaded.

I had a pre-owned 1980 Citation that I drove to the junkyard at about 210,000 miles. I think I got $20 and kept the wheels, battery and headlights. Looking back on it, I probably got took when I sold it. Got about 38mpg, and was lighter/quicker/much better handling than the Nova.

Mitch.