The VS presses are so versatile and the 15" is right in the sweet spot - not
too big or small. Nice choice!

I'm an OWWMer (now vintagemachinery.org) with a couple old machines. A tip I've
used with success on simple cleaning of painted surfaces and badges is
'Scrubbing Bubbles' bathroom cleaner. If the original paint is still good it
will clean but keep it intact. I get it at Costco in multi-packs. Simple green
is another go-to cleaner. If a badge is painted over or in otherwise rough
shape dabbing with Acetone will work. Vintage Delta tags were silk screened
onto metal, not painted. You may see minimal color on the rag but back off as
needed.

Lots of methods on rust removal. I'd try straight scotch brite first. Haven't
tried WD-40 but some liquids will darken the metal which isn't always a good
thing (naval jelly). I've had some success with vinegar and salt, #0000 steel
wool, Klingspor's rust erasers, soda blasting, and Evaporust. Want super shiny
for tool p0rn photos? Acetone and 4-0 steel wool. Most everything in my shop
these days is run through an electrolysis tank (55 gallon plastic barrel, kiddy
pool for the big items). Not fast but simple and it works 100% of the time.

Rustoleum's rust converting primer is very useful for restorations - especially
the underside of the dp base. Any good metal enamel will work for the color
coat. I get mine mixed at a favorite regional paint supplier. Some folks like
to use the big name brands available through farm and fleet stores. Tractor
paint is popular in some parts. There are formulas floating around for 'stock'
Delta colors <http://wiki.owwm.com/PaintColorsDelta.ashx> but I think the
current crop of guys restoring the old machines are more concerned with color
matching than Delta ever was. The shades of gray varied over the years. Pick a
color you like and have at it. Also, I really like the nozzles on Ace branded
'Premium" rattle cans. Their gloss black is my preference for the bell ends on
vintage Delta motors, mag starters and switch boxes. Pulling out the gun for
those little pieces and the clean-up after gets old in a hurry.

There are spendy products packaged to keep your metal tops rust free
(Boeshield, etc.) but any silicone-free wax will work.

Bottom line is there are lots of ways to do it. None are more right than the
others. I enjoy the process and results. Nice to know the machine is good for
another 50+ years when I am finished.

Link to Delta dps sorted by size:
http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=1141&tab=4&sort=3&th=false&fl=Drill%20Press

Have fun,