LWB250 wrote:

Wasn't someone on here talking about some really nice vintage speakers that
were still available for reasonable prices?  That's one area I'm going to need
some recommendations and opinions, as my previous speakers were spec built by
me, based on my learnings from a Purdue University course I audited on audio
design.  I have the means in the near future to build my own, but I really
don't want to get into such an undertaking.

I always thought these were the best $1000 speakers ever (and made in Ann
Arbor):

http://search.ebay.com/270807159995

(Note that you can make a short ebay link with search.ebay.com and an item
number)

Jim Cathey and I use Time Frames because they're thinner and cheaper, but Time Windows were top of the line in their day.