Sure, I can see it now, you're zooming down the highway in the rain, cruise control on. Suddenly there's smoke because the wiper motor catches fire, you step on the brake but nothing happens because the retainer clip falls off, and the cruise control won't shut off,. As you drift into the shoulder towards that parked semi because the intermediate steering shaft yoke fails and as the right rear wheel spins by because the lug bolts fractured you wonder if your seatbelt anchorage or buckles actually will function as desired... Perhaps the airbag will go off, but no the battery cable shorts out just long enough before hand for the capacitors to bleed off
the energy needed to fire them just isn't there.