Mitch, et al.
Um, the ALDA works on pressure from the intake manifold, pulling up to increase fuel density in the mixture. Raising the ALDA on washers would enrich this mixture, therefor releasing the ALDA all together would not allow any enrichment at all under boost. ?
Knowledgeable people please supply corrections.

Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred