Say you have a car that is a lemon, or has repaired damage, or you lost the
title, or ... some other thing, rolled back odo.  You can go to these places
and claim you need a new title. They issue it and you get a car with no history
of issues.  Flood damage just goes away.  Odometer is now good, salvage title
is a new clear title.

clay