Are there vacuum solenoids in the system? Are you pulling enough vac at idle?

--R

On 9/26/11 9:00 AM, Michael Canfield wrote:
Hello All,
   The heater in my 83 300d only blows hot air when sitting still at an
idle.  As soon as I start driving I can feel the air start to cool off no
matter how high the temp is set.  The temp guage is at 80*C when warmed up
and stays there unless pulling a hill, then it goes to 90*C if I run it
hard.

Any ideas on what to look for first?

Mike