I am still skeptical if SSDs, in that they have a finite life, so I am wondering how that is going to translate out for longevity...

A company I worked for, for 'reliability', switched from rotating
media to flash media, on a BSD platform.  No other changes were made.
The reliability went _way_ down!  You need a filesystem, and possibly
operating system, that is designed for flash.  Standard OS's assume
that they can blindly write whenever/wherever they want, with no
particular penalty other than the time it takes.  To minimize that
they run sort algorithms on the disk driver, map things according
to cylinders, etc.  None of that crap helps a SSD, and may hurt it.
More importantly, though, is the fact that flash has a very finite
lifetime, AND it slows down significantly as it is used up.  Both
are killers if you ask me.

-- Jim