Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:58:09 -0400
From: Dan Penoff <lwb...@yahoo.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: GE icemaker

We had a kitchen full of GE Profile appliances in our last house. While most
were good and trouble-free, the icemaker in the fridge was a PITA.

The one reoccurring problem I had was the chrome plated auger in the icemaker.
When we moved in, it was pitted and rusted, something we attributed to the
place being unused for nearly two years prior to our moving in.

I ordered an OEM replacement and installed it.

Within a month the replacement auger was rusted and pitted as well. Rust
particles would end up in our drinks as a result, too.

I talked to GE, and since the appliance was out of warranty they pretty well
blew me off.

New house has all new Maytag appliances the seller put in. We bought a French
door Samsung fridge because the side by side Maytag they have is less than 20
cubic feet. The Samsung is a behemoth....

Dan