Check for a corroded and leaking core plug.

Peter

On Oct 12, 2011, at 12:16 PM, Max wrote:

Sell me your head (with injectors)?
-- Max Dillon
Charleston SC
'95 E300, '87 300TD

Tim C <bb...@crone.us> wrote:

For a couple days the '87 300SDL with the 22 head has had a water leak. Today, I went to fill the reservoir and hear a stream of water out of the
block. (Full stream, about the volume of the inlet house.)

I tracked it down to a port hole of some kind about midway along the IP,
below maybe injector 3? Low on the block, so I don't think it's a head
gasket.

I hope there is some kind of plug that is missing / loose. Looks like a
bear to reach...

Open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Tim